The framework and syllabus are derived from established sports science, & long -term athlete development models, that recognise the physical & cognitive developmental stages of children & adolescents.
The programme is split into 4 levels, each level will be awarded a certificate upon completion which allows progression to the next level:
- Levels 1 & 2 are substantially focused on physical literacy, foundation climbing movement skills, and knowledge of climbing as a sport and recreational activity, to enable learning in a fun and varied climbing session.
- Levels 3 & 4 become progressively more structured and sport specific in format and challenging for the participants, both physically and mentally
Groups & Prices
There are 5 group types to choose from:
- Group A: 8-11 years, levels 1 & 2 - 60-minute sessions
- Group B: 8-11 years, levels 2 & 3 - 60-minute sessions
- Group C: 12-18 years, levels 1 & 2 - 60-minute sessions
- Group D: 12-18 years, levels 2 & 3 – 60-minute sessions
- Group E: 12-18 years, levels 3 & 4 – 90-minute sessions
The sessions are booked on a termly basis, with a maximum of 4 climbers per coach, who will remain their coach for the duration of the term.
The cost for groups A-D, is £20 per session, but is dependent upon the number of weeks in the term e.g., £220 for an 11-week term.
The cost is for group E, is £25.50 per session e.g., £280.50 for an 11-week term.
The cost includes.
- Entry to the centre
- Shoe hire
- Logbook and certificates, to record progress
- T shirt